Everything you need to know about Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H)
2. How long does the pass last for?
In short, you will have a Social Visit Pass with multiple entries and exits under the MM2H program. Please remember that the MM2H pass will depend on your passport validity which is usually less than 10 years. In this case, the duration of your pass will be provided based on your passport validity. Once you renew your passport, then the balance of years of years in your MM2H pass will be given.
3. Who is eligible to apply for MM2H?
- You are allowed to bring your spouse, unmarried children under the age of 21 and your parents.
- Plus, you can also apply for a helper or maid service to make your stay in Malaysia more comfortable.
- Did you know that you can bring your pet along too? There are specific MM2H procedures which allows your best friends to come along.
4. What are the general requirements for MM2H?
1) First of all, you will need to show proof of liquid assets and meet certain financial requirements as follows:
Age Minimum Liquid Assets Minimum Offshore Monthly Income Fixed Deposit Account in a bank in Malaysia
| Below 50 years of age | RM500,000 | RM10,000 | RM300,000
| 50 or above 50 years of age | RM350,000 | RM10,000 | RM150,000
2) There are additional costs involved should you obtain a Conditional Approval Letter to enter the country via MM2H. This will be:
- One-off Personal Bond payment which could cost up to RM2,000
- Payment of RM90 per year for your social pass under MM2H.
3) Most applicants opt to secure the services of a specialised Agent/Agency to assist them with their MM2H application. These agencies may offer various packages and you can select one that best fits your financial and personal capacity. Their fee may range from RM9,000 – RM15,000 depending on your chosen package
4. How to apply for the MM2H visa?
You can apply for your MM2H visa either from overseas or when you are in Malaysia.
Step 1: Pre-submission
First, you need to apply online via the Check N track System. Once you have filled up this form, you can download the relevant forms and necessary documents that need to be attached to complete the application.
Step 2: Submission of documents
Step 3: Conditional approval letter
Step 4: Arrival in Malaysia
When you arrive in Malaysia with your Conditional Approval Letter, you must follow through the remaining documents within 6 months. The first thing you must do is to set up your fixed deposit account and submit the Fixed Deposit Certificate to the MM2H Authorities. Below is all the information you need to know regarding your Fixed Deposit:
Applicants Aged below 50 years old Aged above 50 years old
| Set up a Fixed Deposit Account in any bank in Malaysia | RM 300,000 | RM 150,000
| Withdrawal Limit applicable from second year onwards | RM 150,000
*Applicants can use their car purchase grant to withdraw part of their Fixed Deposit after two years | RM 50,000
*Applicants can use their car purchase grant to withdraw part of their Fixed Deposit after two years
| Purpose of Withdrawal Limit | Purchase of house, medical insurance or children’s education expenses | Purchase of house, medical insurance or children’s education expenses
| Documents Required for Fixed Deposit Withdrawal | Letter of intention to withdraw Fixed Deposit account Copy of MM2H visa Copy of front-page passport Copy of Fixed Deposit certificate Copy proof of payment for Residential property purchase (All pages of Sales & Purchase Agreement & receipt) OR Car purchase (car grant title & receipt) OR Children’s education in Malaysia (receipt) OR Medical expenses (receipt) Copy of Conditional Approval Letter
| Minimum Balance | You must maintain a minimum balance of RM150,000 from second year onwards till your overall stay in Malaysia under the MM2H programme. | You must maintain a minimum balance of RM100,000 from second year onwards till your overall stay in Malaysia under the MM2H programme.
After arriving in Malaysia, the applicant and all his/her dependents will have to go through a medical examination at any private hospital or registered clinic in Malaysia. This Medical Report (RB 11) must be sent to MM2H authority as proof that you and your dependents are in good health
Dependants who have to attend school in Malaysia are required to apply for a Student Pass to continue their education in primary or higher level. The Student Personal Data Form along with the Student Pass must be submitted to the MM2H Authority.
After submitting the remaining documents, you can collect your visa from the MM2H Immigration Centre.
Should you need to speak to a licensed mm2H agent, you can visit us at www.propeasyasia.com
*This article was repurposed from ‘Malaysia My Second Home MM2H: what are the latest requirements and how to apply first published on iproperty.com.my